Raw Banana Fry | Banana Chips | Kacha Kela Chips

The Homemade Raw Banana Chips is very easy and simple to made from raw unripe bananas. These chips are good tea time snacks or any time snack. It's a easy to carry snacks while we traveling on train,  I generally like to have some homemade snacks at home for this purpose.

Before sharing my own recipe of raw banana chips I want to share something with all you friends :) Earlier I never tasted this banana chips, just know about it, I feel that their taste is differ maybe which I don't like it :P, but First time I tasted this chips in Bangalore, there's one shop named i.e. Hot Chips which is very famous in South India, their taste is yummy !!!!

After tasting this chips, I decided to make it at home and when I tried first time, I didn't get success but from that first experience I learn a lot. But Today, I tried it again and I achieved success. I feel so happy and proud of myself :) It's too delicious !!! This is best snack recipe for tea time. (y)


You can make end number of homemade chips recipe like famous Potato chips, using old technique They’re less greasy, you can control the amount of salt and preservatives that taste better than anything you can find anywhere :)

Let's start to make this easy and quick recipe of banana chips with simple step-by-step process.   

Ingredients :

Raw Banana (Green banana/ kaccha kela / raw plantain) - 3 nos
Water - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Oil for fry

Preparation Method :

1. For preparing this raw banana chips, first peel off the plantain skin and put the plantain in water for a 10 minutes.

2.Take it from water and wipe the water away with paper towel. Cut it into thin round pieces or using with vegetable slicer.

3. Mix salt and turmeric powder with 1/2 cup of water and keep it aside.

4. Heat oil in a pan or kadai and put this raw banana pieces into the hot oil.

5. Fry well till it turns almost crispy. When sliced are cooked (the color changes and when touched with a spoon it won't break apart) reduce the flame and sprinkle a handful of turmeric water in the pan.

Note :- The oil is sure bubble up, but do not worry, it comes down soon.

6. Once the sizzling and bubbling sounds are over, using a slotted spoon take the chips out and drain the oil in paper towel.

7. Repeat the above steps (1-6) for rest of the chips.

8. Serve raw banana chips with tea or coffee. 
Enjoy & Happy Cooking !!

2 comments