Jaggery Dosa Recipe, Dosa Recipes

Life is all about experiment, this is also my experimental and tested food dish.
Today I made something new and unique too for me..This is called "Jaggery Dosa - Gud wala Dosa" today I was thinking if we make Jaggery pancakes, jaggery poori, jaggery roti then why not dosa..so gather all ingredients in my kitchen and made this yummy dosa...This is little sour, sweet, salted - jaggery dosa. 


Today, I tried it first time only and the results were awesome. So couldn't stop my hands to share my recipe with you all. They were really easy to prepare except the factor of time.
I took some photos while I was making these so hopefully you’ll have a visual idea of how this thing goes. Without further delay, I present to you "Jaggery Dosa". Enjoy your weekend with this dosa.

Those who are a big fan of dosa, they love to eat dosa in any form..this is one of the best form, very easy, very delicious and requires less ingredients to make it, I liked it very much..I hope you also liked it. This is pure vegetarian recipe and best time to eat with evening tea.

You can make end number of dosa's like maida dosa, chatpata tomato dosa, suji dosa and many more...

Ingredients :

Raw rice - 1 cup
Beaten rice(Aval) - 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Roughly chopped Jaggery - 2 tbsp (adjust according to your taste)
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste - 1/4 tsp


Preparation Method : 

1. For preparing jaggery dosa, soak raw rice, beaten rice rice and fenugreek seeds together in water for two hour.

2. Grind the soaked raw rice, beaten rice and fenugreek seeds with required water to a fine paste. Put the paste in a bowl.

3. Take a small pan/kadai, add fennel seeds, cardamom powder and jaggery melt it on medium heat in 3 tbsp of water till it dissolves completely. Let it cool.


4. Add the jaggery syrup with above dosa batter. Mix all together fastly till jaggery syrup becomes cold. (along with the required amount of water and prepare a batter)

5. Heat a cast-iron skillet/griddle until hot and smear it with a little bit of oil. Pour a ladleful of batter onto the skillet and spread in a circular motion starting from the inside, working your way towards the outside. 

6. Add a little oil around the edges of the dosa and cook till golden brown. Then flip and cook the other side till done.

7. Jaggery dosa are ready. Roll and cut it, Serve hot with tea, chutney any accompaniments depending on your preference.

2 comments

  1. I have never heard about jaggery dosa. Jaggery is good for winter season. Will surely try this recipe. Please visit http://www.foodpanache.com/

    ReplyDelete